Long gone are the days of falling asphalt shingles from heavy snowfall, wind and rain. The latest trend in home improvement is replacing shingles with steel roofing panels that can last up to 50 years or more. While this may seem too good to be true, the experts at Dream Roof will dive into the details of the common questions about steel roofs.
Do Steel Roofs Rust Over Time?
Some homeowners might be worried about the possibility of their roofing steel developing rust over time.
It is true that this is what tends to happen when a roof is exposed to moisture and the elements over time. However, this is not an issue with our roofing.
The steel roofing sheets we use have an anti-rust layer added to them, so there is no need to be concerned about possible leakages as a result of rust damage.
Benefits of Steel Roofs
- Durability: With proper maintenance, steel roofs are built to last for 50 years or more.
- Weather Resistance: Steel roofs can endure different weather conditions without losing their structural integrity. They can withstand heavy snowfall, wind, rain and hail.
- Low Maintenance: Unlike asphalt shingles, steel roofs require minimal maintenance, reducing long-term costs.
- Energy Efficiency: Steel roofing materials are designed to reflect heat, provide insulation and better energy efficiency in the house, overall reducing energy bills.
- Fire Resistance: Steel roofs are made from non-combustible materials and can provide added fire protection to your home.
- Eco-Friendly: Steel is recyclable, making it an environmentally friendly roofing choice.
- Variety of Styles: Steel roofs come in a range of styles and colors to suit your aesthetic preferences.
- Increased Home Value: Replacing an outdated roof is one of the top ways to increase property value, and steel roofs can greatly increase the resale value due to their durability and longevity.
- Cost-Effective: Because steel roofs are built to last, it’s a one-time investment that will last more than 50 years. With no minimal maintenance required, the investment is well worth the cost of installation.
Steel Roof Designs
You may initially think a steel roof comes in one standard size. Actually, Dream Roof offers six unique designs that are meant to complement various architectural styles as well as your personal preferences. There are also several colour options for each design so that your roof can be as subtle or as bold as you’d like it to be.
The Classic – Minimalist Roof Design
This design is a popular choice for Scandinavian-style houses. The roofing sheets are designed to imitate the appearance of ceramic tiles. You get the best of both worlds with this option because you get the classic look of the ceramic, but you get the durability and low maintenance of metal.
The Cameo – Heritage Roof Design
This is a roof design that looks sophisticated and arguably the most appealing one, visually speaking. Many heritage homes go for this design. It is made of the best quality materials from Europe.
The Kredo – Mediterranean Roof Design
Houses with this roof design have a luxurious look to them. As the name suggests, this design is inspired by Mediterranean architectural styles. The roofing sheets have a wave-like appearance, which looks like ceramic tiles. The pattern’s style and large size add to this design’s strength.
The Kvinta Plus – Corrugated Roof Design
This is a great European-inspired design. It has a homey look to it. This corrugated steel roofing is the only one of our designs with grooves on the ridge. This makes it exceptionally strong. Its galvanized steel means it’s capable of withstanding intense pressure.
The Modern – Contemporary Roof Design
This design is both modern and versatile. Therefore, it works well with a variety of architectural styles. Its simplistic lines and high-quality composition mean that it will fit in well with the natural landscape surrounding your home.
The Quadro Profi – Italian Roof Design
This gorgeous Italian-inspired design is a unique choice. The design focuses on geometric symmetry, and it stands out as a bold choice. It is both visually appealing and durable.
Choose the Dream Roof Team
Dream Roof is a team of Toronto-based professional steel roof installers that go the extra mile. Our customers are our first priority. We are dedicated to providing quality service throughout the lifetime of your roof. We install your roof with the same level of care as we would if it were ours. When you first contact us about steel roofing prices, you can be sure that we use the best well-calibrated estimation tools to give you an accurate cost. This means there are no hidden costs that you need to look out for.
We do not just know how to install steel roofing. We do so with professionalism and care throughout the process. Following installation, we offer a 50-year warranty. Whatever issues you face, we are here to ensure you get the help you need. Your satisfaction matters to us, and we want you to get the longest life out of your roof.